The National Association of REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics says:
“REALTORS®, therefore, are zealous to maintain and improve the standards of their calling and share with their fellow REALTORS® a common responsibility for its integrity and honor.”
The Fair Housing Trifecta is a certificate given by HRRA to those who have reached suitable proficiency in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training. This includes taking:
- At Home with Diversity Certification (At Home With Diversity Certification – Center for REALTOR® Development (onlinelearning.realtor))
- Fairhaven Simulation Training (Users (fairhaven.realtor))
- NAR Implicit Bias Training (video) (Bias Override: Overcoming Barriers to Fair Housing (nar.realtor)).
This contest isn’t just about recognition. It is the duty of all who wear the REALTOR® “R” on their chest and have the Code of Ethics in their hearts.
As you complete each step, confirm that it has been completed by sending the certificate to HRRA’s CEO, Dawn Kennedy at DKennedy@hrra.com. (Additionally, the National Association of REALTORS®” Fair Housing Challenge at https://www.nar.realtor/national-leadership/fair-housing-challenge-stand-up-for-racial-equity includes a Fair Housing Challenge Completion Form that those who participate should complete on the national level.)
- Agents who complete the training will be entered into a drawing for 1 of 3 $100 gift cards.
- The two Brokers with the highest participation will win catered breakfast and coffee for their agents.
- Everyone who completes training will be mentioned in an upcoming newsletter and on social media.
- Everyone who completes the training may attend DEI events for the remainder of the year at no cost.
The benefits of growing your DEI proficiency include:
- In addition to being part of the powerful REALTOR® network, you achieve several valuable business tools to help differentiate you from other real estate agents.
- Growing your real estate knowledge on a global level.
- Opening your client base and increasing leads.
- Assessing and understanding attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry.
- Understanding basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin.
- Building a business plan that minimizes risk and successfully services all types of clients.